- He has substantial experience in most areas of corporate law, and especially in financings, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, security structures, and general transactional law.
- Has participated in complex and multi-party M&A equity and asset transactions in Mexico, Europe, Latin America, Caribbean Region, and Asia and Oceania.
- Has participated in a number of due diligence procedures in Mexico, related with acquisition negotiations and financings.
- Has advised several entities on regulatory matters, including foreign investment and corporate governance.
- Worked on multi-million and billion financial, restructuring, title-retention and securities transactions as counsel for private entities, in Mexico and abroad, and in private and public offerings.
- Has advised on a number of anti-trust matters and concentration filings in Mexico, and also worked on the legal teams preparing anti-trust filings outside Mexico.
- He has experience in the negotiation and drafting of shareholders’ and members’ agreements, in addition to designing and structuring minority protection provisions in transactions in Mexico and abroad.
- Advised a number of foreign companies in the legal structuring, formation, regulatory and general business start-up in Mexico.
- Experienced on Mexican trusts, including their specific uses for multiple purposes: financing, security, management, estate planning, real estate and other business purposes.
- He has experience in real estate transactions in Mexico and abroad.
- Has advised several individuals in their estate planning needs.
- Before joining JATA, he had his own private law practice based on Monterrey, Mexico (2008-2013).
- International and Financial Legal Vice-President for GRUMA, S.A.B. de C.V. (http://www.gruma.com). (2007)
- International Legal Counsel for Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. (http://www.femsa.com). (1999-2007)
- Foreign Associate at Kaye, Scholer, Fierman, Hays and Handler, LLP (http://www.kayescholer.com), New York Office (1995-1996).
- Since 1996, he is a member of the New York State Bar Association.
Add to Outlook (vCard)
J.A. Treviño Abogados
Ave. Gomez Morin No. 955
San Pedro Garza Garcia, N.L.
T: +52 (81) 8335-4200
F: +52 (81) 8335-4204
U.S. REPRESENTATION OFFICE
J.A. Treviño Abogados
1700 Post Oak Blvd.
2 BLVD Place.
Houston, Texas 77056
T: (713) 963-3677
American Bar Association
Law Degree(LL.B.), Cum Laude
Universidad de Monterrey, 1988
Master of Laws (LLM)
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, 1991
Diploma on Business Administration
English and Spanish